Monday, March 19, 2007

Current work in progress

I joined the library recently and have just discovered I can get heaps of books without having to buy them and I can read them and give them back and get more whenever I want! It's a great novelty for me (you can tell I don't read books). There is a good knitting section at my local library and I found a book with heaps of interesting patterns.

I'm currently making a jersey for Preston using Zhivago wool. I bought the various colours off Trade Me to go with some existing colours I had, and they were from all different traders. I wanted the main colour to be orange but the parcel never arrived. After a lengthy postal investigation I figured I'd just make the jersey using the colours that I had anyway. Then one day I was collecting the mail and a gust of wind blew a letter over the fence. When I climbed around to get it, I saw there was a parcel in the weeds. It was addressed to me, and it must have fallen off the letterbox and over the fence - and it was my lost wool! It was covered in snails and had been in the rain and weather for a couple of months, but to my great delight I opened the parcel to find the wool had been carefully wrapped in a bag and it was completely perfect! So I could make the jumper after all.

It's been a really fast project and since taking this photo of the back piece, I have also done the front, the neckline and one sleeve, and I am half way through the other sleeve. I should have a completed picture in the next day or two!

No comments: