Sunday, March 18, 2007

Preston's Norweigan winter coat


This gorgoeus coat was my pride and joy last winter. It is made from a mix of leftovers from my mother's old wool stash and some newer additions that I bought to match. I got the pattern from a great Norweigan crochet and knitting website, and it is such a fun, easy and practical pattern that I made a few different versions out of other yarns for birthday presents (below).

Of course Preston has grown out of it now, but it is such a shame to put it away that I am going to unpick the side and arm seams and add in an extra vertical row each side so he can wear it again this winter. I've also started to make him another one out of orange/grey/brown variegated roughly spun wool. It's looking good so far!

1 comment:

Paz123 said...

So cute!! Great designs of winter coats I found at Woman Within store through couponalbum.com...