Friday, March 30, 2007

My fancy socks - project update

Well the last picture I had of these socks was only the first round of pattern. Once I had completed that, my obsession was quelled temporarily and I finished a few other projects in the meantime. Now I am using the sock project as a complementary project to do alongside my other current big project - the pink long sleeved jersey (see here for the picture).

So, over the last week I have made MAJOR progress with my sock! Here it is so far. Of course you don't really get to see the detail in the lacework in this picture. The wool is coloured like this so it's quite fun to work with. And you know, for a perfect fit you have to actually knit it onto your foot as you go.

(kidding!)

I'm very pleased with these socks so far and can see the light at the end of the tunnel to its completion....although the downside is that I have to make another one quickly so i can wear them...

NEXT DAY UPDATE: well tonights knitting effort was quite difficult but progress is definitely happening. I've completed the heel and am not onto the foot section. I'll soon have a sock!

No comments: