Monday, March 19, 2007

My first proper knitting project!


In about 2000, my knitting obsession began. For some reason I was in a wool shop and saw a cute pattern book for babies that wasn't old fashioned lacy knitting, it was modern, bright coloured cool stuff! So I bought the book and made this jersey and a matching hat. I also made some booties and a couple of other jerseys which I will have to take photos of, and I made them expecting that ONE DAY in the future, I would have a baby who could wear them. (I don't know what Dan thought about me knitting baby clothes 5 years before we had one!)

So you can imagine my delight last winter when Preston wore this jersey. The matching hat will have to wait a few years before it fits - when I made it, people coming to visit thought it was a cool beanie and tried it on before I could stop them and now it's really stretched. If that was you, don't worry too much - he'll fit it in a couple of years!

The other jerseys I made at the same time were too big last winter but will be too small this winter! Oh well, they will make a lovely present or I'll keep them for the next baby.

No comments: